Cone Architecture is seeking a full time Project Manager to join our fast-paced and fun loving team in our Charlotte office, fondly known as “Cone Carolina”. We are an established and growing firm of 17 architects and designers across two offices – located in Seattle, WA and Charlotte, NC. While we are geographically located in two different places, we are a tight-knit group who leans into cross-country collaboration. Our Charlotte office was founded in 2021 with a team of two – we are looking to expand by adding a new teammate who is excited both about the grassroots nature of growing a new office, and the opportunity to work with great folks on both coasts.
Cone was founded in 2015 with the goal of making a collective impact on the future of housing. Our expertise is in residential design of all scales, and our body of work contains projects in the single family, multifamily, and commercial sectors. We pride ourselves on a collaborative practice – one in which ideas are shared freely, where concepts and design solutions are strengthened by the collective group.
If all of this appeals to you – you might just be a good fit for our team!
First, the details:
What does a Project Manager at Cone do? Your role would include…
- Managing various multi-family housing projects of all scales – from 4-unit rowhouse buildings, to 20-unit townhouse communities, to large mixed-use apartment buildings and beyond.
- Coordinating all aspects of assigned projects, estimating scope of work, preparing project schedules, and monitoring project performance / budget
- Design! The ability to iterate, to design within and around code requirements, and to lead the project’s design direction to client satisfaction
- Acting as project applicant with permitting entities, and primary point of contact for project Owner and consultants
- Providing guidance to project team, and leading those who are developing core skills and knowledge in their career path
- Reviewing for, executing, and upholding Cone processes and standards
What will we be looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Minimum 4-5 years professional experience in an architectural office. Multifamily permitting experience in the Charlotte area is close to a requirement (but we may make exceptions for an otherwise highly-qualified candidate!).
- Strong proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite with a solid proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup.
- Solid understanding of how to navigate and apply jurisdictions’ land use and building codes
- Solid self-organization and time management abilities with a strong sense of accountability for and ownership of work.
- Clear and confident communication style, creative thinking, and problem-solving initiative
- Strong design skills and experience presenting those designs in a professional setting
- Experience preparing and reviewing building permit sets
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple teammates concurrently
- A Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher
We pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, as well as an annual professional development stipend and AXP/ARE support. Cone strives to create a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters learning and growth at all stages.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to learn more, please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com (No phone calls, please). We look forward to meeting you!