Cone Architecture is seeking a full-time Project Captain to join our fast-paced and fun-loving team in our Seattle office. We are an established and growing firm of 17 architects and designers across two offices, located in Seattle, WA and Charlotte, NC. We are focused on making a collective impact on the future of housing, and pride ourselves on a collaborative practice – one in which ideas are shared freely, where concepts and design solutions are strengthened by the collective group. If this appeals to you – you might just be a good fit for our team!
First, the details:
What does a Project Captain at Cone do? Your role would include…
- Leading the design phase with Project Manager and Principal
- Development of graphics, diagrams, and renderings for Design Review packets
- Preparation for and participation in team, client, and consultant meetings
- Independent creation and ownership of an architectural Revit model
- Set up and production of plan set sheets
- Assisting Project Manager in giving direction to junior staff.
- Participation in developing and upholding Cone processes and standards
What will we be looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in an architectural office. Multifamily permitting experience with SDCI is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite with a basic proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup. Previous use of Enscape is a plus.
- Understanding of how to navigate and apply jurisdictions’ land use and building codes
- Solid self-organization and time management abilities with a strong sense of accountability for and ownership of work.
- Clear and confident communication style, creative thinking, and problem-solving initiative
- A Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher
We pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, as well as an annual professional development stipend and AXP/ARE support. Other benefits include working in our recently renovated new HQ building in Wallingford (including a very large disco ball), spontaneous foosball games, and working with a great group of folks on both coasts.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to learn more, please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls, please). We look forward to meeting you!